About OxyGen

OxyGen is the international students ministry of Paradise Community Church. We are a group of international students dedicated to reach a generation of university and college students in Adelaide.

Join us every forthnight on Saturday at UniSA city west campus with live music, exceptional time of worship, inspiring messages, delicious food and a whole lot more.

OxyGen also runs lifegroups at various locations around Adelaide every fortnight on Wednesday where small groups of people gather together to have fun and to learn more about God.

For more information, please contact Michael Raj at michael.raj@paradise.asn.au

Be Stirred. Be Inspired. Be Transformed.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Soul-ed Out

WORSHIP, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

-Reverence offered a divine being or supernatural power; also : an act of expressing such reverence
-A form of religious practice with its creed and ritual

Essentially, what the dictionary says about worship is indeed true, but is sure does sound pretty humdrum hey. Plus, it has the tendency of indirectly spelling C-H-O-R-E in the minds of the reader.

But when asked about what worship meant, our oxygen peers had anything but humdrum to share.

“Worship is where I receive, being soaked in His sweet presence and it’s when God ministers to me in his own special and caring way. Worship is more than for just praising and adoring God's beauty, power and love, it’s for a cause. I worship and praise just because…"~ Mae

"Before, I followed family customs and rituals. I bowed to other gods and idols without feeling anything. But with this living God that I serve now, I can actually feel the presence of someone who loves me so deeply. When I worship Him, I feel something real. I raise my hands as I agree with the words of each song I sing…"~ Marabelle

"The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about worship is that worship is spending time with Daddy-God. Every time I worship its like I get to hear a love song from God. He reminds me of what he went through, how he saved me on the cross, and how he made me his beloved son. I can’t help but fall in love all over again..."~Dan

Those sure didn’t sound like chores to me.

It was palpably no chore for everyone else at oxygen that night as everyone gave their all to worship God. What more, it was an absolute honour and privilege to have with us Lynette Reed, a close friend and an incredibly anointed singer to lead us into a great time of full on worship! Everyone was moved and encouraged to not hold back and to escalate their worship to a higher level that night. And as everyone worshipped, the presence of God was just so real and tangible and God freely continued to touch and connect with the hungry hearts that opened up to Him that night. A heartwarming prayer by Lynette’s other half, Richard closed the meeting for the night and the oxygen family went on to spend time in chatter and to catch up with each other over steamy cups of milo and cookies..

Everyone was pleased to have their own encounter with God that night. God is so good. Amen?
Isn’t it just absolutely fulfilling, rewarding, and refreshing to praise and worship God?

See u in 2 weeks!! And make sure you’re in a mess, coz we’re gonna get a makeover of our lives!

-OxyGen-